Great Deals don’t need to be so rare
Over the years, we’ve all seen so many potentially great deals fall through, not because buyers and suppliers disagreed, but because they were on completely different pages, with completely different needs. At Food First Consulting, our vision is that those great, once in a decade deals, don’t need to be so rare. Our mission is to help suppliers and buyers do better business together by understanding each other’s needs, by bridging the gap between them. On 7th and 8th November we’re running a negotiation skills course.
Three key learnings
At Food First Consulting we can help you build a great strategy and we can help get you inside your customer’s head. But, sooner or later, it will all come down to your ability to negotiate a deal that’s good for both sides. I’ve been negotiating major deals for over 20 years in companies like Aldi, Tesco and Dunnes Stores and there are three things you urgently need to know:
- IT’S NOT AS COLLABORATIVE AS YOU’D HOPE
- YOU’RE AIMING TOO LOW
- IT’S COSTING YOUR BUSINESS MONEY
The ‘4-A’ Approach
In the ‘Alpha Group’ negotiation skills course you learn a simple approach that helps you even up the odds, even with much bigger opponents. We call it the ‘4-A’ approach.
- Acquire the necessary background information to understand the terrain
- Ask what variables are important for you and your opponent
- Aim higher than you normally do, be really ambitious in your approach
- Apply the right tactics and know what to do if they deploy some dirty tricks
How does it work?
- The on-line pre-course survey allows the course objectives to be tailored specifically to the group.
- Pre-read materials support candidates to participate fully in interactive sessions.
- Negotiation scenarios are designed to test both individual and group negotiation skills. Roles are rotated so there is nowhere to hide.
What have our past students said?
- “The instructor’s experience and industry examples were both interesting and insightful”
- “Although draining, I really enjoyed the role-playing!”
- “Role-playing both sides of the table was very informative and made learning fun!”
- “an excellent course and good insights into buying techniques”
- “The course gave us an actionable tool-kit for future negotiations”
How can I get this training?
If you’re a medium to large company, between your buyers and sellers, you might have 10 people that could benefit from the Alpha Group training. If so, we can go in-house at your company for the two days of training. If you’re a smaller enterprise, or want to send a smaller group, then you can join one of our open courses (there’s one happening on 7th & 8th November 2018). For more details check out ‘Alpha Group – Elite Negotiation Skills’ on the website:
Drop us a line if you’d like to book a course.
+353 87 9380216